Friday, 30 September 2016

SEPTEMBER BEAUTY FAVOURITES



We are in AUTUMN? How the hell has 2016 gone so quick, and I feel like I also repeat that in every monthly favourites, but really it will be October tomorrow, which means starting my second year of university, trying to apply for as many relevant summer internships as possible, halloween, lots of layers, the nights drawing in, the clocks doing back. It just all seems to be happening so quickly.  

Monthly favourites? Oh yes, the actual point of this post. 

L'Oreal Miss Hippie Waterproof Mascara 


As mentioned in 'My Three to Try For September' post, if any of the three products really stood out for me, then I said I would include them in my monthly favourites. Sadly, at the moment only one of the three actually really stands out, but that doesn't mean I haven't been impressed with the other two products. However,  Miss Hippie mascara from L'oreal has been the one this month. I like to use this mascara as almost a 'base' for using another mascara. After curling my lashes I like to apply a thin layer of this mascara and damn does it hold the curl and make my lashes look long all day. Now that is what I am talking about. I don't know whether it is because it is waterproof, but it works. The only thing I don't like about it is the wand, for me it's just a bit too bendy and I am not a fan of bendy mascara wands. 

L'Oreal True Match Highlighter 


I have come to a conclusion that I really like L'oreal make up, hence why the second favourite also comes from them. This time it's their true match highlighter. I picked up this highlighter at the beginning of the month and everyday that I have worn make up since, this has been on my face. It is actually a '3 in 1' liquid glow illuminator, so you can use it as a primer, can blend in with foundation or just use as a highlighter. I prefer to use it as a primer. It gives me a really natural looking glow and doesn't make me look like my face is caky or spilling will grease and oil, which some products can do because of my oil skin. I have found that once I have applied this as a primer, then my foundation, then bloating my skin with a beauty blender wrapped in tissue paper it works really well and lats a lot longer by just bloating any excess oil on my skin. 

OFAT 'Purple Rain' Nail Polish 


Not going to lie but I have never heard of this brand until I got this nail polish with a birchbox at the beginning of the year. I had kinda forgotten about this nail polish (or is it varnish) until I wanted to change up the colours of my toe nails (yes them things) and found this in my stash. Now I know that nail polish on the toes seems to last forever, but I have now had this on my toes for 6 weeks and there isn't one chip. So well done OFAT. Also, it is in the most beautiful colour, which I feel could work very well on the fingers as well for autumn and winter. 

Marc Jacobs 'Kiss Kiss Bang Bang' Lipstick


I simply couldn't write Septembers beauty favourites without mentioning one of my 'Current Go To Lipsticks', which most have featured in monthly favourites before, except for this one from Marc Jacobs. Yes, it isn't the most long lasting out there, but it is one of the lipsticks, whether it doesn't really matter if it wears off because it is basically the same colour of the lips just a little bit redder, thats all. Also it is a really good 'car size lipstick', it is the chosen lipstick to stay in my car now, for the days when I have been rushing and forget to put lipstick on. 

Bridget Jones Baby 


Okay so this isn't a beauty favourite, and I never talk about films on my blog, so really it is about time too. I just love this film, and it is damn right hilarious from the beginning till the end. Personally, I think it is the best of all three of the films. If you haven't watched it yet, then I will recommend that you do. Without giving too much away, but you will probably pick a side in the film. 

The Chainsmokers ft. Halsey 'Closer'


I really can't stop listening to this song. It is literally on repeat all the time. It is probably because it is so catchy, but I am just really enjoying listening to this song. 

What has been your monthly favourites? 

Love Alicia x

Please feel free to leave a comment! 

SHARE:
© Bambi Dreaming. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig